Wed, 05 Oct|
Luxury Wales SUP Adventure - 5th - 8th October
We are back with another SUP Adventure in breathtaking Cardigan Bay
Time & Location
05 Oct 2022, 17:00 – 08 Oct 2022, 15:00
Boncath, Blaencwm, Blaenffos, Boncath SA37 0HY, UK
About the event
Our accomodation is Blaencwm Cottages. Blaencwm Cottages is the perfect escape from the stress of your busy life. They are located just outside of the quaint town of Cardigan, and the cosy cottages are set in 4 acres of green farmland, with a backdrop of the Preseli Hills right on your doorstep. We will have access to the sauna and the accommodation has a fully equipped kitchen.
We remain close to the famous Wales coast path, which stretches a spectacular 870 miles long and was the first dedicated footpath in the world to cover the entire length of a country's coastline.
Cardigan Bay is teaming with local wildlife including being home to the largest population of bottlenose dolphins in Europe. In the autumn season, seals come on to Cwmtydu beach to have their pups!
With this stunning setting, who could wish for more? Well, there is more, much more!
Our SUP Adventure begins with welcome drinks and a BBQ feast with your hosts, Lesley and Scott. The perfect opportunity to unwind by the firepit and settle in. Each morning will start with breakfast and briefing, detailing the activity of the day and safety information.
Our activities for the trip include:
- River SUP trip
- SUP skills and drills
- Sunrise/sunset paddle
- Coastal paddle to secluded bays along the stunning Pembrokeshire coastline
- Gentle introduction to SUP Surf
- Gentle introduction to Downwinding
- Breathtaking hike along the Coastal Path or a woodland or riverside ramble
(The appropriate activity will be decided each day dependant on weather and water conditions)
It's 'you' time!
As well as our activities, we want you to enjoy some downtime, whether you decide to chill at the bay, take a coastal or woodland stroll, go for a drive or even an afternoon nap!
Blaencwm Cottage can sleep up to 8 people spread across the main house and attached Barn. We have 2 double rooms and 2 twin rooms available. The Barn houses one Double room with Kitchen and the Sauna which all guests will have access to. The house layout is “upside down” accommodation with a large lounge, kitchen and dining room upstairs, so that you can make the most of the panoramic views of the valley and Preseli Hills whilst one double room and two twin rooms are on the ground floor. The lounge has a TV/DVD with freeview, a radio and CD player. The kitchen is fully fitted with a cooker, grill, microwave, coffee machine, fridge/freezer and a washer/dryer. The bathroom has a separate bath, shower cubicle and toilet.
Y Frenni Fawr is the perfect place for your pooch (you can bring 2), as the garden is fully enclosed. Make full use of the outside space with a patio table, chairs and a BBQ. There is also a separate communal exercise area for dogs in the orchard adjoining the property. Parking is available directly outside the property. There is a duck pond, with our resident ducks Nessa and Stacey and we also have 2 very friendly donkeys, Hettie and Dudley, who would love to meet you.
• Bed linen and towels provided, not beach towels • Hairdryer provided • Electric heating, thermostatically controlled radiators • Free WiFi • Complementary welcome pack including traditional Welsh cake • No smoking (except in the garden)
All included in the price:
- Accomodation in Blaencwm Cottage.
- All activities coached or guided as appropriate by experienced and qualified professionals
- Small group ratios for a safe and supportive environment
- Board and equipment hire is not included in the price but you are more than welcome and positively encouraged to bring your own. For those wishing to hire equipment, this is available for an additional £60 pp for use for the entire stay - Please state if this is required at time of booking
~ This adventure is for competent paddlers only ~
By competent we mean able to confidently paddle and control their board and have a reasonable level of fitness. Paddlers should be able to practice basic self-rescue.
Paddleboarding Events UK always endeavours to provide the safest paddling experiences for all through our individual and combined safety qualifications, knowledge, experience and suitable safety equipment.
This trip is for over 18's only.