Mon, 07 Aug|
Wales SUP Retreat
3 nights 7th - 10th August 6 nights 7th - 13th August Explore the beautiful Welsh coast while developing and learning new SUP skills in a friendly and supported environment with fully qualified instructors.
Time & Location
07 Aug 2023, 17:00 – 10 Aug 2023, 12:30
Ty Cwch, Cwmtydu, Llwyndafydd, Llandysul SA44 6LQ, UK
About the event
Heron & Hush and Daddyboards team up as Paddleboarding Events UK to host your West Wales SUP Retreat at the incredible Ty Cwch Boathouse. This year, we are offering our 3 night stays AND a 6 night option!
Our accomodation is nestled in the bijou cove of Cwmtydu on the rugged and wild coastline of Cardigan Bay and is just a couple of minutes walk to the beach. The location has direct access to the famous Wales coast path, which stretches a spectacular 870 miles long and was the first dedicated footpath in the world to cover the entire length of a country's coastline.
Cardigan Bay is teaming with local wildlife including being home to the largest population of bottlenose dolphins in Europe. In the autumn season, seals come on to Cwmtydu beach to have their pups!
With this stunning setting, who could wish for more? Well, there is more, much more!
Our SUP Adventure begins with welcome drinks and a BBQ feast with your hosts, Lesley and Scott. The perfect opportunity to unwind by the firepit and settle in to Ty Cwch. Each morning will start with breakfast and briefing, detailing the activity of the day and safety information.
Our activities for the trip include:
- River SUP trip
- SUP skills and drills
- Sunrise / sunset paddle
- Coastal paddle to secluded bays along the stunning Pembrokeshire coastline
- Friendly introduction to SUP Surf
- Friendly introduction to Downwinding
- Breathtaking hike to neighbouring New Quay or Llangrannog along the Coastal Path or a woodland or riverside ramble
(The appropriate activity will be decided each day dependant on weather and water conditions)
It's 'you' time!
As well as our activities, we want you to enjoy some downtime, whether you decide to chill at the bay, take a coastal or woodland stroll, go for a drive or even an afternoon nap!
All included in the price:
- Accomodation in Ty Cwch Boathouse, with a maximum 4 persons sharing a cabin
- All meals included (excluding lunch in New Quay / Llangrannog on one of the days)
- All activities coached or guided as appropriate by experienced and qualified professionals
- Small group ratios for a safe and supportive environment
- Board and equipment hire is not included in the price but you are more than welcome and positively encouraged to bring your own. For those wishing to hire equipment, this is available for an additional £60 pp for use for the entire stay - Please state if this is required at time of booking
- 3 nights not enough! Extend your stay! This year we are also offering a 6 night option from the 7th - 13th August, saving £100 if you were to book these trips seperately! Please select your preferred option at the checkout.
~ This adventure is for competent paddlers only ~
Sessions are instructed and guided by fully qualified Instructors to support you in your new SUP skills and experiences but you will need to have a reasonable level of compentancy. By competent we mean able to confidently paddle and control their board and have a reasonable level of fitness. Paddlers should be able to practice basic self-rescue.
Paddleboarding Events UK always endeavours to provide the safest paddling experiences for all through our individual and combined safety qualifications, knowledge, experience and suitable safety equipment.
This trip is for over 18's only
Wales SUP Retreat£450.00Sale ended